Thursday, October 14, 2021

Romancing the Score: Best Love Themes from Film and Television Scores

Article by Travis Elder
Posted October 14, 2021


My wife loves the 2005 film Pride & Prejudice, so much so that I have never felt the need to purchase the score because the film itself is on so often in our house.  While I don't love the movie as much as my wife, we both agree that Dario Marianelli's swoon-worthy score fits Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth's romantic saga perfectly, and makes for a great standalone listen. In reality, romantic themes are one of my favorite sub-genres. Musical interpretations of love have lead to some of the most enchanting and beautiful music ever created. For years, I have tracked my favorite love themes in a playlist I lovingly titled Romancing the Score, which is a play on the title for the 1984 film, Romancing the Stone.  Check it out above.

Note: 
Embedded YouTube playlists only contain the first 200 tracks.  To see and listen to the whole playlist, open it in the YouTube app or view on YouTube's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!