Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Battle of Pelennor Fields by Howard Shore





I came late to Howard Shore's Lord of the Rings scores.  My wife got me Return of the King just a couple years ago for Christmas and earlier this year I finally purchased Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers.  A couple weeks ago I watched the special edition version of Return of the King.  Hours into the movie comes one of the best cues of the trilogy, The Battle of Pelennor Fields.  Chills coursed through my body as the music built to the climactic Rohan theme's roar in sync with the charge of the Rohirrim army lead by King Théoden against the orc horde.  Wow, what amazing visuals and Howard Shore nailed the score for the sequence!  I realized that my original album release of highlights did not have this amazing cue, certainly among the best of the film and the entire trilogy.  I soon remedied this over at Amazon.  If you can't afford the complete Return of the King score release price tag, then may I recommend four cues for download in order of priority:

The Battle of Pelennor Fields
The Crack of Doom
For Frodo
Shieldmaiden of Rohan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing!